Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Outdoors

Jonathan and went to Garner State Park this weekend. We love to go camping, but the real reason we went this weekend was to play with all our new toys. Jonathan's sister Jo Ann move to China for a couple of years to work for Cirque de Soleil, so she left us with their mountain bikes. I haven't ridden a bike for a very long time. I felt like an Alien on it for a while, but then I got use to it. My rear end is still paying for it, but hopefully I will get use to it.

We also got kayaks, so we had to try those out as well. We went on the Frio river. It was so beautiful. The water was crystal clear and it was the perfect temperature outside. We went on like a 4 hour trip, so that was a litttle long for me for the first time. My arms got really tired. I also flipped over once. I wasn't expecting and it caught me by surprise, so it was a little dramatic. I was following Jonathan down a curvy rapid and he got stuck and so therefore I got stuck right behind him. My kayak started to tip and water just started rushing in and I couldn't fix it, so I just kept going until it took me completely under. That part wasn't that fun, but the rest of the trip was.

So, even though it was a great trip my arms, legs, and butt are extremely sore now. This tells me I need to get into shape :-)

No comments: