These last couple of weeks have been a bit crazy and it is only going to get crazier from here. Thanksgiving was nice and relaxing, but I didn't do any work I had planned on doing during the break. For some reason my girls can not or just will not choreograph. Right now I'm working on 4 routines at one time....Jazz, Kick, Sophomore Routine, and Audition Routine. I have a feeling I'm going to have to do the Freshman routine as well. Auditions are next week and I was reading their letters explaining why they want to be a Royal and almost all talked about the "Passion" they have for dance. I just don't get it. Are they just not hard workers, can they just not choreograph, or are their letters not true. I would think that if they have such the "passion" they explained in their letters that they would be begging to choreograph. I enjoy doing choreography but I've never done this much at one time and I will still have to do the Opener, Finale, Royal of the Week Routine, and possibly others for Royal Revue. I'm so afraid people are going to come to our show and walk out of there saying all those routines looked exactly alike. I'm starting to get in a rut and I'm doing the same things in my routines. I need to take a break from them, but I can't! Auditions are next week and we really can't afford to waste anymore time on the other routines. They need to get choreographed, taught, and then polished as soon as possible! I'm hoping as they get older they will be able to help out more with choreography, but I'm so afraid they are just going to start thinking, " Oh, Mrs. McKee will just do it. We don't need to worry about it"
In Logan news....he is getting more and more independent and showing more and more personality everyday. Like just now as I was typing this, he tried to step over his ( I don't know what you call it) wire/bread set which comes to his waste while holding on to his easel. He fell of course and the easel came down on top of him. He cried for like two seconds and then tried to do it again. GEEZE!! It is so funny to watch him play. I wish I could hear his thoughts. OK, now he is trying to stand in his little rocking chair. lol
Here are some pics right before Thanksgiving. We were playing in the leaves.
No comments:
Post a Comment