Sunday, March 20, 2011

Great Day, but SO mad at myself.

Saturday was an awesome day!! We decided to venture out and do some "Austiny" things. We ate at the Hat Creek Burger Company for lunch from there we took Logan to Toy Joy for the first time. He LOVED it! He had so much fun looking at all the little toys they had. He ended up choosing a small car and a grasper. After Toy Joy we went to Buffalo Exchange for a little bit. Didn't get to stay long because that really wasn't Logan's thing. Afterwards we drove downtown and did a lot of people watching. SXSW was going on, so we saw a lot of interesting people. We then decided to go to the Austin Children's Museum. Logan had a great time playing with everything. He particularly liked the train section they had. We had to finally pull him away from it. Afterwards we walked the 2nd Street District and did a little shopping. I've been wanting to walk the shops for a long time and it reminded me of how I wish I had all the money in the world to spend on cool clothes! After that, we drove down congress and did some more people watching. I decided that we are going to spend an afternoon on Congress soon! There were just too many people to actually enjoy the shops. After that we went to eat at Phil's Icehouse. Jonathan and I compared burger joints and I'm up in the air about Phil's. Phil's was definitely Jonathan's favorite, but I don't like the char-grilled taste. BUT.....there sourdough buns were TO DIE FOR! So, I would have to say Phil's was better than Hat Creek. Finally to end the awesome day, we stopped at Hey! Cupcake and got a yummy Red Velvet Cupcake.

So, why am I mad at myself after such a great day! I FORGOT MY CAMERA! UUGGGHHHH! SO MAD AT MYSELF! I even gave myself a reminder as we were getting to ready to not forget the camera and of course I did. There was so much going on with SXSW downtown that I could have gotten some great pics, but I didn't. I did have my HD video camera, but it is not made for pics. Below are some blurry pics of Logan at the Austin Children's Museum. I guess we are just going to have to do the trip again soon, so I can get pics of everything!

No comments: