Here is what I learned on my journey:
Week 1:
-Meal prepped a ton and it helped!!!
-Totally crashed on day two. I literally thought I was going to die. My body was like what is happening right now! I have never felt so bad in my entire life. Lasted for about an hour and then I was ok.
-Felt a lot better after day 2 and didn't have any more headaches
-Lost 7 POUNDS!!! Which is totally crazy! And I ate as much as I want. I didn't starve myself. If I was hungry I ate something because other wise I would have eaten sugar!!
-Really, Really, Really, Really like bread more than I thought! After a few days I wasn't even thinking about Dr. Peppers, but BREAD!!!!!!!!
-Realized that majority of people to do not understand sugar. The amount of people that said to me "But Amy, your body needs sugar." People have no idea what makes sugar in their bodies and I read a lot to make sure I wasn't crazy!
Week 2:
--Meal prepped again people! You have to meal prep especially if both of you work. It just is too hard to figure out after a long day what you are going to eat.
--Cocoa powder is my friend!! It gives me the feeling that I'm eating chocolate even though I'm not! I've put it in smoothies and made some "desserts" and it has really helped satisfy my hunger.
-I do not like cauliflower rice. UGHHH
-Still no headaches!!
-My digestive system has been the best it has ever been probably in my ENTIRE LIFE!! My stomach doesn't make weird noises (now it did the first week, but it was adjusting). I am regular for the first time in my life. (sorry if that is too much information)
-I really want BREAD!!!
-Still kept reading about macronutrients and micronutrients and how those work in our bodies. Learned a lot about words like "Fortified" and "Enriched" and how the food industry is just LYING to us about how "Healthy" their products are.
-Started reading labels of everything I purchase and realized that I was feeding my kids awful things, so maybe my mom was right (but please do not tell her ;-))
-Started offering my kids two healthy items and allowing to choose which one they wanted to eat, but they had to at least try/eat one. Hopefully this system will help with eventually offering mostly whole foods to my kids without them having a total meltdown.
--Lost 1 lb this week.
Week 3:
--Did not meal prep as much this week. Getting better about just knowing what to choose to eat.
--I HATE brussel sprouts. I couldn't even stand the smell of them.
--Parsnips are weird as well but tolerable.
--I feel great. Not having really any cravings except for bread/pasta. But it is not too bad.
--Still reading a lot of labels and trying to eliminate foods with artificial ingredients. THIS IS HARD. Learning a lot about dyes in food as well.
--I really wish I could go back and do this before kids. Trying to get a 7 year old and a 3 year old to eat good food is HARD. We started cutting back on sugar for our morning meals and the kids have been the most receptive to that. No more powdered donuts, pop tarts, breakfast bars(or at least reading the ingredients before purchasing). Trying no chocolate milk during the week. Yes, we basically just open the kids mouths and pour sugar into it in the mornings. BUT NOT ANYMORE!!!
--Teaching my dance classes have been so much easier. I'm not dreading it because of lack of energy. I'm going into class with a more positive attitude and wanting to move A LOT more than what I was before this detox.
You may be asking yourself if I am just going to go back to my old ways since the 21 days is over with. Definitely NOT. I'm going to continue to pay attention to what we are putting in our bodies. Am I giving up sugar forever? NO!! Here are my goals:
1. Continue reading ingredient labels to ensure we are eating good ingredients.
2. Research and experiment with more healthy snack options for the kids
3. Stay off Dr. Pepper except for special occasions--this will be HARD!!
4. Continue with Young Living Essential Oils to help live a more holistic lifestyle!
--Lost 1 lb this week.
Week 3:
--Did not meal prep as much this week. Getting better about just knowing what to choose to eat.
--I HATE brussel sprouts. I couldn't even stand the smell of them.
--Parsnips are weird as well but tolerable.
--I feel great. Not having really any cravings except for bread/pasta. But it is not too bad.
--Still reading a lot of labels and trying to eliminate foods with artificial ingredients. THIS IS HARD. Learning a lot about dyes in food as well.
--I really wish I could go back and do this before kids. Trying to get a 7 year old and a 3 year old to eat good food is HARD. We started cutting back on sugar for our morning meals and the kids have been the most receptive to that. No more powdered donuts, pop tarts, breakfast bars(or at least reading the ingredients before purchasing). Trying no chocolate milk during the week. Yes, we basically just open the kids mouths and pour sugar into it in the mornings. BUT NOT ANYMORE!!!
--Teaching my dance classes have been so much easier. I'm not dreading it because of lack of energy. I'm going into class with a more positive attitude and wanting to move A LOT more than what I was before this detox.
You may be asking yourself if I am just going to go back to my old ways since the 21 days is over with. Definitely NOT. I'm going to continue to pay attention to what we are putting in our bodies. Am I giving up sugar forever? NO!! Here are my goals:
1. Continue reading ingredient labels to ensure we are eating good ingredients.
2. Research and experiment with more healthy snack options for the kids
3. Stay off Dr. Pepper except for special occasions--this will be HARD!!
4. Continue with Young Living Essential Oils to help live a more holistic lifestyle!
No comments:
Post a Comment