I can't believe you are one year old. This year has just flown by. When I think over the past year, I am full of emotions that I never thought I would have. I can basically describe your year in three to four phases.
Pre-Vacuum Phase (Month 1)
This phase was probably the most difficult. I don't know if you know this or not, but you cried quite a bit when you were a wee one. It was so bad at times that I would lay you in your crib and go outside so I couldn't hear you. (Yes, go ahead and judge.) Then I would just start balling and run back into the house, pick you up and just apologize like crazy for leaving you alone for like 10 seconds while you were crying. This was also the breast-feeding phase, which I absolutely hated. I convinced myself that you were screaming because I was breast-feeding you. I knew that wasn't really true, but I hated it that much that I wanted to blame your crying on it. Did I mention how cute you were during this phase as well? Even though you cried quite a bit, you were still by far the cutest baby I have ever seen.
Vacuum Phase (Month 2-3)
This is when I discovered what could calm you immediately. Yes, it was a yucky, stinky vacuum. I finally just turned it on one day desperate to find anything to soothe you and Wa-la you immediately quit crying and just laid your head on my shoulder. I would often just turn on the vacuum and lay down on the couch with you. I remember one night when your Me-Me was visiting and you were crying in the middle of the night. Jonathan and I were trying everything we could to soothe you. We fed you a bottle (Yes, I had already quit the "natural" thing) walked, sang, swaddled. Finally I just walked by the vacuum and turned it on and you of course immediately stopped crying. Your Me-Me said, "Well, why didn't you do that sooner!" I finally let go of the embarrassment of having a vacuum more soothing than me and just embraced it to the fullest extent. Pretty much any picture I took of you was with the vacuum on. It sort of became a joke.
Medicine Phase (Month 4)
We finally got you on medicine to try to help your uncomfortableness and boy did it help. You became more calm and content finally!!
Food Phase (Month 5-now)
When you started eating solid food, you became a whole different person. It was like you were saying this was what I wanted all along. You became so happy! Not to say that you weren't happy before, but I could just tell that you were more content with life with real food. And you absolutely love pretty much all food which is really nice! I'm glad you are not a picky eater.
So those are the phases of your life up until this point. I know it seems kind of sad, but I just wanted you to know what this first year was like. I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. My life was forever changed the moment I met you. I never thought one little tiny person could make my heart melt the way you have. Even though the beginning was the hardest thing I have ever done it was SO WORTH IT!! I wouldn't trade it for anything. Having you in my life makes me a better person. It makes me love your father even more and makes me look at life differently. People are already asking when you are going to have a brother or sister. I have so much love for you that I can't imagine dividing it with another person. While I know I would be able to, just the thought of it seems impossible. Do you know what I mean Logan?
Here are all the cool things you can do at 1 yr. old:
1. Walk everywhere!!
2. Clap, stomp, wink, blow a kiss, wave hi/goodbye, give high 5
3. Say Dada and yuck
4. Play copy cat
5. Look at your books all day long
6. No longer take a bottle (except at night, but I think we will stop that soon!)
7. You have 6 teeth
8. You sleep all through the night. You are a great sleeper!
9. Dance when you hear music
You dad and I can't wait to see what this next year brings. We are having so much fun with you every day and love to see you change and grow.
We love you!
Mommy and Daddy
| From The McKee's |
| From The McKee's |
| From The McKee's |
| From The McKee's |
| From The McKee's |
| From The McKee's |
![]() |
| From Christmas 2008 |
| From Logan Month 4 |
| From Logan Month 5 |
| From Logan Month 6 |
| From First dip in the pool |
| From Logan Month 8 |
| From Barton Springs 7/17/09 |
| From Logan Month 10 |
| From Logan Month 11 |
| From Logans First Birthday |
.jpg)
2 comments:
You certainly know how to bring a Me-Me to tears. Amy, this is a wonderful tribute to Logan. You and Jonathan are the best parents and you have certainly made this one of the happiest times in my life. I love being a Me-Me!!!!
Aww...What beautiful words! I want to see him soon...so sorry we missed the party! He is getting too big. Give him kisses from us!
Post a Comment