June was a very crazy and jam packed month. I was home for a total of 6 days once school got out!! I started with two Officer Camps, then I went to Athens to work the Dance Your Heart Out Cardette Camp and I stayed in Gilmer a couple of days after that. Finally Jonathan, Logan and I went to San Antonio for a fun in the sun or should I say nice clouds with a little rain vacation!
We took Logan to the San Antonio Zoo first. It was really awesome because there was hardly anyone there. It was raining that morning, but we went up anyway. It was cloudy and cool all day. It finally started raining again about the time we were ready to leave, so it worked out perfect. All the animals were out except the grizzly bear and tiger. Logan enjoyed seeing all the animals and he got a baby jaguar stuffed animal just like Diego.
That night went to Kirby's for our 4th Anniversary Dinner. It was Logan's first fancy smancy dinner and he did great! We were kind of worried about him being really loud, but he didn't scream at all because he was having french fries for like the 10th time that day. I swear he stuffed himself full of french fries while we were gone. He has been doing well getting back to a healthier eating routine since we got back. I was a little worried after all the junk we let him eat while we were gone.
Next day we went Sea World. It was raining again, but the rain held out till about 3:30 and we had to head home. The only thing we didn't get to do was the water park :-( Logan enjoyed Sea World as well and I can't wait for him to get bigger to ride all the rides!! He sort of lost it right before the Shamu show. He got really hot and it was his nap time, so we didn't get to enjoy the Shamu show quite like we would have liked but he did finally calm down a little to watch Shamu jump and splash us.
When we left San Antonio we took a little road trip home and it was a lot of fun. We first stopped at the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch and it was really cool. They had a lot of animals and a new facility that had a nice restaurant, petting zoo, and other animals to look at. Logan and Jonathan really enjoyed feeding the animals. After that we drove to Fredericksburg so I could do a little girl time shopping. I just love going to all the shops! I didn't buy anything, but I saw a lot wanted! Finally we stopped at Pedernales Falls. Logan enjoyed throwing all the rocks into the water. We got a little tired carrying him up and down the rocks, but Logan had a great time and that is all that matters. We finally got home around 10 p.m. It was a great trip!
Below are some pics from the trip. Jonathan has a lot of pics on his camera as well that I will upload soon. Most of the time we took Jonathan's camera because it was raining or just more convenient to carry his small camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment