Friday, July 22, 2011

Mastering the goodness is so hard.

I've started working on #12 of my "To Do" list. I'm beginning to think my food is never going to taste like when Memaw or Nana make it.



My first attempt at Memaw's Red Velvet Cake......Fail. Not sure what happened, but the cake just doesn't taste right. It also did not rise at all. All three cakes were really thin. Logan said it tasted really good, so I guess that is all that matters. The icing however was GREAT!! The icing is suppose to be the hardest part, but I didn't have any problems making it from scratch. I do think I should have let it cooled longer than what I did because it wasn't as firm as it should have been.

I'm going to try again soon.

I did however MASTER my aunt Charlotte's Chocolate Chip Cookies. She makes the best cookies and I always try to make them, but always fail. This last time however I did it!! I did not remember to take any pictures, so I guess I will just have to make them again! Oh darn!!

No comments: