Saturday, September 12, 2009

Reimers Ranch and Austin Zoo

Last weekend we decided to go to Hamilton Pool for the day. We drove all the way out there to find it close. There happened to be a new park that opened just down the road from Hamilton Pool, so we decided to check it out. Reimers Ranch is a very cool park and we will probably visit again. We had a picnic close to the Pedernales River and we let Logan play in the rocks. There is also some very good rock climbing there. We walked down into the canyon and Logan enjoyed watching some climbers hang upside down. We didn't take our camera down the canyon because we weren't prepared for that type of hiking, so we needed to keep all hands on Logan. I plan on going back so we can walk farther down to check everything out. Below are some pics of that day trip.



We also went to the Austin Zoo last weekend as well. It is not stroller friendly, so don't take your stroller. All animals are either rescued or being rehabilitated. It was neat to see where the animals had been rescued from. You can get extremely close to the lions which made me nervous. One of the males started roaring and walking closer the the edge. I started walking the other way while everyone else started running towards the cage. Jonathan just stood there with Logan and I was like seriously get Logan away from the cage. I didn't realize how big lions really are. You just can't get that close to them at other zoos. Below are some pics from the zoo!

1 comment:

britni said...

Cute pics! I am still so glad that I got to see yall the other night. We can't wait so long again!