Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Santa


Today we took our first picture with Santa. Logan was really good while we had to stand in line and I think the picture turned out perfect. His little outfit is a little crooked, but that is ok. I was going to go get some more pictures taken in his outfit at a place in the mall, but he turned way to fussy after that. I couldnt' even get him to calm down with a bottle.

Logan has been crying alot lately. I've just decided that we don't have a perfect baby. I have actually used the vacuum alot this week. As soon as I turn on the vacuum he calms right down. It is so crazy! Even though he is pretty much awful during the day, the nights have been going great. I've been giving him a bottle around 11 p.m. and he is sleeping until 4:30-5:00 a.m. I can even put him down wide awake after his bottle and he goes to sleep on his own. Now if I can only get him to do that during the daytime. He is having some trouble sleeping during the day, unless I let him sleep on my chest. I'm trying not to do that because I don't want him to get used to that, but it is getting frustrating getting him to sleep, laying him down in his crib, and then 20-30 minutes later he is crying. I try to soothe him without getting him up, but it is not working.

Logan is officialy on formula now and I think I'm a much happier mom! He is still fussy when he eats, but at least he is not spitting up breastmilk. I really hated breastfeeding him and then he would spit it all up. It got so frustrating. Now he spits up formula and it doesn't make me feel quite as bad. lol Logan has his 2month check up next week and I can't wait to go because I have so many questions for the doc. I'm wondering if he needs to be put on a special formula. I just don't feel that feeding should be like this, but maybe it is and I"m just going to have to deal with it. I just hate it because I feel that feeding time should be a calm time for him and a lot of the times it is not. For some reason, daytime feedings are just not his thing, but then he is fine at night. It is really weird. I'm such a dork because I've been writing down when he eats, sleeps, poops, cries, etc to see if I can see a pattern and maybe help him with his fussiness a little better, but I'm really not seeing a pattern yet. His only pattern is his night time routine. And....yes.....I'm counting my blessings that he is good at night because I know he could have his days and nights mixed up and that could be awful.

One of the new positive developments this week is he likes sitting in his swing now. He is actually sleeping in it right now. He was fussy and I was able to put him in the swing and talk to him for a bit while he was swinging and he calmed right down! Yippeee! I just looked over at him as I was writing this and saw that he is asleep.

One of the negative developments this week is his poop. In the "What to expect the first year" book, it talks about how breastfed babies poop smells sweet. I was like Logan's doesn't....they are crazy. But now........Logan's poop while breastfeeding smelled like roses compared to formula poop. I mean WOW. The government should seriously considering using it to keep enemies out of the country. Logan's diaper now will knock you back. Plus, it is explosive. How poop manages to move up a diaper is beyond my comprehension. It will be up his back, front, and out the sides. I'm hoping once he has finally adjusted to the formula that his bowel movements get more under control, but until then I need a gas mask to change his diaper! haha

Well, now that I have embarrassed my son, I will go. I hope Logan looks back on this blog someday and gets a good laugh because I'm telling all his secrets. lol

1 comment:

Todd, Gena, Alexandra and Chaz Paul said...

You so need to call me Amy! I can answer probably all of your Dr. questions a little early. Hang in there. It can be tough getting adjusted to one another. He will be fine as you too will be fine.