Jonathan and I went to San Antonio this past weekend for a little getaway. We stayed at the Hotel Valencia on the Riverwalk and I think we will stay there if we ever go back. We ended up having a little car trouble while we were there on Sunday. When we got back from the zoo, we pulled our car into Valet for them to park and went up to our room. A few minutes later we get a call from Valet saying that the truck will not start. So, we go down to see what the problem was. It ended up we needed a new battery. The hotel was really helpful. They helped Jonathan work on the truck, got us a taxi(very quickly) to take us to an autoparts store and helped Jonathan put the new battery in (since he had no tools) They even called Pepboys to tell them we were coming to make sure it was just a bad battery and not something else.
That night we got a call from the hotel staff asking us if everything was ok and that they would comp us a movie since we spent three hours getting all that done. We ended up not watching a movie, but the next morning when we checked out they comped the valet parking for the entire trip!! We were way excited because that was going to be like $100!! We were really surprised and grateful, since we had an added expense of a taxi ride and a battery replacement that we weren't expecting.
Other than that event, the trip was so much fun! The first day we spent our time around the riverwalk and around downtown. We took a tour of the Alamo and that night went to a nice dinner. On Sunday we went to the San Antonio Zoo. It was a lot of fun and it had some animals that I had never seen before. After we got back from the zoo was when we had the car trouble, so we just went to a quick bite after that and then relaxed in the room. On Monday, after we checked out we went to Sea World. We watched a lot of shows and walked around looking at animals. I wish we would have brought towels and stuff, so we could have cooled off the the water.
I would say I survived the trip ok. We had to take a lot of breaks so I could rest, but I didn't get too terribly hot. I actually feel more energized since I got back. I think this is telling me that I need to get out and exercise more. I'm actually about to start prenatal pilates, so I will let you know how that goes. Hopefully it will help me get back into a shape for the dance classes I have to teach starting in August. Yikes!! I'll post some pictures later.
3 comments:
I wish we would have been here...we have season tickets to sea world too! We also could have helped out with the car troubles...good thing it was only the battery! We need to get together soon! I love the nursery...it looks GREAT!
Geeze what a nice hotel! Good luck working out! I can't even make myself work out and I'm not pregnant...you're going to be the cutest dance teacher ever.
You so could have called us for help. We only live 15 minutes from downtown. Nick and I stayed at the Hotel Valencia for one night of our Honeymoon. We absolutely loved the room and plan on going back some day.
Post a Comment