Friday, October 31, 2008

Logan's Two Week Check up

Logan has his two week check up today. He weighed 8 lbs 9 oz, so he gained about a pound since birth. He is 21 inches long...an inch longer!! The doctor said he looked great and everything was right on track. Obviously breastfeeding is going ok since he gained that much weight. Logan is still having fussy periods at night, but I caught up on some rest, so I don't feel exhausted anymore. I actually tried to lay down and take a nap this afternoon, but never fell asleep.

I on the other hand have been better. I've got a horrible rash. I went to the doctor on Wednesday to get it checked out and basically he couldn't really determine what it is. It could be hives or some type of eczema. He gave me an anithistamine to take and it has helped a little with the itching. I don't feel the need to scratch a hole in my foot anymore. The only probem now is that it has spread. It was just on my hands and feet, but now it is crawling up my legs and arms and even to my back. The doctor said that this could last a couple of days, weeks or even MONTHS!!!! YIKES!!! I just pray that this doesn't last months. I run my hands under extremely hot water every 4-5 hours because hot water irritates the rash, but then provides relief for a couple of hours. The doctor said that could help until it goes away, but I can't do that for the next couple of MONTHS!!

The things we go through to be a mother!!! :-)

2 comments:

tjo russy said...

You poor thing...that does not sound comfortable. I'll pray for you girlie!

britni said...

Call me if you need a break! I'll be there in an hour! :)