Logan,
I really need to try to document more about your life/pre-life. I think about random things all the time and think to myself I really do not need to forget this because Logan will find it really funny one day. So, I'm going to start telling you stories so that way you can come back and read them one day. So, here is story number one!
Did you know you were called "Little Debbie" and "Hostess" before you were born?
That's right. A few good friends of mine called you Little Debbie and Hostess quite a bit before you were born. You may be wondering where in the world did that come from. So let me tell ya! Let me start about cravings. I don't think I really had any major cravings while I was pregnant with you, but one thing I did eat consistently was Little Debbie brownies and Hostess chocolate cupcakes. I ate at least one of those for lunch everyday. My lunch gals (Audrey, Marlene and Maureen) started making fun of me and well calling you Little Debbie and Hostess. The reason they were doing that is because I didn't know you were a boy at the time and I was keeping all names a secret. So instead of calling you "it" we called you my lunch snacks. One really funny story about those snacks is one day I was talking about how the doctor said you were gaining about a pound a week (this was towards the end of the pregnancy) and one of my lunch gals asked how in the world could you be gaining a pound a week. I answered I HAVE NO IDEA (as I was stuffing a Little Debbie Brownie in my mouth. Not just stuffing but inhaling really). All my lunch gals were just staring at me and then busted out laughing. It was pretty funny. I just couldn't imagine at the time how you could be gaining that much wait. But after the gals pointed out how I was inhaling brownies and cupcakes it made a lot more sense. haha
So, that is why you were called Little Debbie and Hostess. Thanks Audrey, Marlene, and Maureen for making my pregnancy so memorable, especially towards the miserable end. I will never forget our lunch dates and all the fun we had. Can't wait for another year of fun during lunch!
1 comment:
Fun Fact:
McKee Foods Corporation is best known for its line of Little Debbie® snack cakes.
It's the truth. Look it up.
Post a Comment